Dr. Nation attended the University of Louisville and obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology in 1996. He completed his dental training from the University of Louisville in 2000.
Dr. Nation was on staff as faculty in the department of Surgical and Hospital Dentistry at University Hospital in Louisville from 2003-2017. He has been an attending doctor in the General Practice Residency Program during that time. Dr. Nation still lectures in the University of Louisville Graduate Prosthodontics program. He lectures to undergraduate DMD students on treatment planning and complex restorative cases at the University of Louisville Dental School as well.
Dr. Nation has been in private practice serving the Louisville area since 2003. The most complex cases in this area of the United States are typically referred to Dr. Nation for rehabilitative dental care. Dr. Nation works full time in private practice now and regularly lectures to study clubs and in dental meetings all over the United States.
He gives lectures and Continuing Education courses concerning diagnostics, treatment planning, implant prosthodontics, dental occlusion , dentofacial esthetics, airway prosthodontics, and oral function.
• Chosen as the University of Louisville Dental School’s Most Outstanding Graduate in 2000
• Won the Pierre Fauchard Award for Dental Excellence
• Given the American College of Prosthodontists Award for Outstanding Achievement in Prosthodontic Education.
• Graduated from the Advanced Graduate Residency Program in Prosthodontics in 2003 at the University of Louisville.
• Completed his Kentucky Board Specialty Certification in 2003.
• Received his Certification for Parenteral Conscious Sedation in May 2010 from the University of Kentucky.
Mark C. Nation, D.M.D.
• Completed a Comprehensive Implant Residency Program focusing on complex implant surgery and advanced bone grafting procedures in 2017.
• Named a Top Doc by Louisville magazine in 2014, 2016, and 2018.
• Won the award for best Part Time faculty at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry in 2008 and 2009.
• Awarded the Superior Service Award by the Louisville Dental Society in 2008.
• Given the Distinguished Clinician Award by the Louisville Dental Society in 2016.
• The American College of Prosthodontists (ACP). The flagship organization for the ADA dental specialty of Prosthodontics
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
International Team for Implantology (ITI)
• The American Dental Association (ADA)
The Louisville Dental Society (LDS)
Dr. Nation is married to Dr. Karen Nation DMD. She is a general dentist in the Louisville area. The Nations have been married for 21 years and have two daughters, Shelby and Lily. They live on a small farm outside of Louisville and enjoy growing produce to sell by the roadside. When the Nations aren’t practicing dentistry or farming, you can usually find them playing volleyball at a local volleyball facility or on a sand court somewhere.